Burial Service Information
Affordable Burial Services in Austin
Our Direct Burial Service does not include any services such as a viewing, visitation or a service conducted at the grave site. The Direct Burial Service is the most affordable burial option available. There are additional/optional costs involved with a burial which are listed here:
- Grave Space (contact your cemetery) If the deceased is a Veteran or the eligible dependant of a Veteran and you want to bury at Ft. Sam Houston National Cemetery in San Antonio, Texas or Central Texas State Veterans Cemetery in Killeen, Texas please let us know.
- Cemetery Opening and Closing fees/Cemetery Association fees/dirt removal fees (contact your cemetery or ask your Funeral Director)
- Outer Burial Container if required by your cemetery (ask your Funeral Director)
- Viewing of the deceased prior to burial or a Visitation prior to burial (ask your Funeral Director)
- A Funeral Service conducted at the grave site (ask your Funeral Director)
- Certified copies of the death certificate ($21.00 for the first copy and $4.00 for each additional copy when ordered at the same time.)
- Obituary (Heart of Texas will place a free notice in a local paper at no additional fee. We charge $100.00 plus the actual newspaper charges to prepare and/or submit a full obituary on your behalf)
- Register Book, Acknowledgement Cards or any other printed materials
- Flowers (We will transport the casket spray only to the cemetery. All other flowers are the family’s responsibility)
$995* – Direct Burial Services
*(to be added to the price of the casket you select from our selection)
Our Service Includes:
- Minimum services of the Funeral Director and Staff
- Transportation of deceased from place of death or Medical Examiner’s Office to our Funeral Home (within our service area)
- Refrigeration in lieu of embalming prior to burial (2 days of refrigeration are included in the package price. Additional days will be charged at $25.00 per day)
- Dressing and casketing of the deceased.
- Filing of the death certificate and Social Security notification
- Transportation of deceased to local cemetery using a van in lieu of a hearse (within our service area)*We do not provide a vehicle to transport flowers.